Procedures for Electronic Offerings
There are several methods for doing on-line offerings for The Lutheran Church of Our Saviour (LCOS).
Here are five:
Interact E-transfers are available to make donations to the church. The church can not send money via E-transfer so expenses have to be reimbursed via cheque or cash. But we can accept donations.
- Setup the E-transfer on your bank website or smartphone app. Send the transfer to the church email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We are setup for Autodeposit, therefore no security question and password is required.
- Edmond will forward the E-transfer email to Gloria.
- Gloria will add the donation to the person’s donation list for a receipt.
- You will get notification that the transfer is complete.
Using the National Church Donation system
The ELCIC national office has a system to accept donations via credit card. They will collect the donation and pass it on to LCOS. ELCIC is absorbing all costs so we get 100% of the donation and there is no fees for the donor.
- Go to the National Office website, https://secure.elcic.ca/.
- Fill in the donation amount and in Personal Message, put in “This donation is for The Lutheran Church of Our Saviour, Owen Sound, church 5710”
- You will have to fill in your name and address and email.
This is a corporation that collects and passes on donations to Charities.
- Go to the website, CanadaHelps.org
- Search for Lutheran Church of Our Saviour in the search box. Pick the Our Saviour’s in Owen Sound or go to https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/842448714RR0001-lutheran-church-of-our-saviour/
- Make your donation either by Credit Card or by PayPal.
PAR is Pre-Authorized Remittance. This is run through the United Church of Canada.
With this program, you sign up and the donation amount you have decided on is withdrawn from your bank account or credit card on the 20th of each month.
If you give weekly, you need to calculate what that comes to each month (roughly 4X). You can change this at anytime but there is a one month lead time on changes.
- Get a PAR application form from either the church website (www.lcosos.ca) or contact Gloria Pfeffer or Don Statham.
- Fill in the form and either attach a void cheque or your bank account information.
- Submit to Gloria Pfeffer. She will contact the program administrator and your application will be processed.
- You will be notified when the first withdrawal takes place.
If you have any questions, please contact either:
- Don Statham (519) 371-1697 or
- Gloria Pfeffer
Updated: March 27, 2020